Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Exam Cost Included)
This online Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training and certification program efficiently and effectively helps you further develop your process improvement, project management and leadership skills using clear language and plenty of practical examples. It’s an advanced, interactive and enjoyable online course that draws on decades of success helping people from Fortune 500 Companies to Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses. This course will begin to help you create happier customers, increase revenue, reduce costs and improve collaboration.
Upon completion of your program, you will be able to:
- Describe the ways that Black Belt Training enhances the Green Belt body of knowledge
- Define the process used to select an appropriate Black Belt Project
- List and define the influence and facilitation skills that help Black Belts improve their leadership capabilities
- Describe how to coach Green Belts and other Lean Six Sigma practitioners through each Phase of DMAIC
- List the steps involved in testing the measurement system, sampling the data, and assessing process capability
- Describe the steps involved in conducting hypothesis tests to assess theories of root cause
- Identify which type of tests are appropriate for any given data set
- Describe the steps involved and the different uses for Design of Experiments
- Identify which type of control charts are appropriate for any given data set
- Describe how and why to apply visual management to an improved process
- Describe how to construct an effective project storyboard
I. Introduction to Black Belt Training
A. Overview of Black Belt Training
B. Project Selection – Advanced
C. Build Leadership Skills
II. Define Phase
A. Conduct Process Walks
B. Strengthen Leadership Skills
C. About Your Black Belt Project
III. Measure Phase
A. Lay Statistical Groundwork
B. Test your Measurement System
C. Sample the Data
D. Assess Process Capability
E. Strengthen Leadership Skills
A. Lay Hypothesis Testing Groundwork
B. Test Discrete Data
C. Test Continuous Normal Data
D. Test Continuous Non-Normal Data
E. Test Correlation
F. Strengthen Leadership Skills
G. About Your Black Belt Project
A. Design Experiments
B. Strengthen Leadership Skills
C. About Your Black Belt Project
A. Select Control Charts
B. Create Visual Management
C. Strengthen Leadership Skills
D. About Your Black Belt Project
This program can be taken from either a Mac or a PC. It is compatible with the Windows 2000 and later operating systems and any browsers.
Microsoft Office Suite or Google Docs/Sheets/Slides/Forms & Apache OpenOffice (not included in enrollment)
There are no specific computer requirements other than an Internet connection and e-mail account. We recommend that you use the latest version of the browser you choose.
The materials for this program are all available online.
Please Note: The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification both require students to complete a project in addition to assignments and quizzes. Projects must be based off an actual business and are subject to approval by Master Black Belt Coaches. Please see below regarding sourcing a project.
- Projects must be business-related. We highly recommend a project be completed at your place of employment.
- If you are not employed, a business-related project can be completed by finding a sponsor organization. We highly recommend finding a nonprofit organization to sponsor your project.
- We also encourage finding volunteer or internship opportunities. We have had a few learners complete successful projects by volunteering at their local churches, schools, and food banks, to name a few.
In order to take the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification program students will be required to provide an approved Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training & Certification certificate or test out of the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program.
Students can bypass testing out if they present a qualifying Green Belt Certificate which is:
- Issued by a regionally accredited higher education institution or ASQ
- Issued for a Green Belt course that covers both Lean and Six Sigma concepts and tools (not only Lean, or only Six Sigma)
The qualifying process:
- The Certificate must be scanned and emailed to the student’s Student Advisor
- The Certificate will be reviewed to determine if it is acceptable to take the place of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- If the certificate is not acceptable, the student will be required to register for the full Lean Six Green Belt Training & Certification or test out by completing the Lean Green Belt Exam
It is highly recommended that prospective students have a history of professional work experience (full-time, part-time, internship, volunteer work, etc.) to successfully complete course assignments and projects.
Tracy O’Rourke is a Master Black Belt with over 15 years of success helping organizations like the Department of Veterans Affairs, the State of Washington, Cisco, DC Shoes, GE and Motorola learn and apply Lean and Six Sigma. Tracy is an accomplished facilitator, trainer and presenter. She has trained over 1,000 people, mentored 300+ people and has helped complete 300+ projects with results that range between $50,000 and $8 million dollars in savings. Her facilitation expertise runs the gamut, from facilitating leadership retreats with top executives, to facilitating Process Walks, Kaizen Events and project team meetings.
Tracy has a BA in English Literature from San Francisco State University and an MBA with emphasis in Leadership and Managing Organizational Change from Graziadio School of Business at Pepperdine University
Elisabeth Swan is a Master Black Belt with over 20 years of success helping organizations like Amazon, Charles Schwab, Burt’s Bees, Microsoft and Starwood Hotels & Resorts learn and apply Lean Six Sigma. As an accomplished business process improvement consultant, designer, change leader and executive coach who is an expert in training, process-based organization design, problem-solving and change management for organizations large to small.
Elisabeth is a Certified Interactive Leadership Executive Coach from Burnham Rosen, Boston, MA and Improvisational Facilitation Instructor from APQC, Houston, TX. She has a BA in English Literature from Barnard College/Columbia University, New York, NY.
- Can I register for programs if I am an international student?
Yes, because ed2go programs are online you never have to actually travel to the school. Most schools offer telephone or online registration.
- How long does it take to complete a program?
All of our programs are self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start them when you want and finish them at your own pace. When you register, you’ll receive six (6) months to complete the program.
- What if I don’t have enough time to complete my program within the time frame provided?
The time allotted to complete your program has been calculated based on the number of hours for each program, so don’t worry too much about not completing in time. If, after a concerted effort, you are still unable to complete, your Student Advisor will help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that a fee may be charged for an extension.
- Do I have to buy additional materials?
- Can I get financial assistance?
ed2go courses are non-credit courses, so they do not qualify for federal aid. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements.
- What happens when I complete the program?
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be awarded a certificate of completion. In addition, you will be able to sit for the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification after successful completion of the program and financial obligation.
- Am I guaranteed a job?
ed2go programs will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. We don’t provide direct job placement services, but our facilitators and career counselors will help you build your resume and are available to give advice on finding your first job. Facilitators will also be available to use as a professional reference upon completion of the program. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
- Who will be my instructor?
Each student is paired with a facilitator for one-on-one interaction. The facilitator will be available (via e-mail) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our facilitators are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach.
- What software or hardware do I need in order to take online programs and what are the system requirements?
In order to take our online programs, you must have access to a computer and the Internet. You can access the program contents from any Web-enabled computer. You don’t have to use the same computer to log-in to the program every time. We recommend that you have a word-processing program (Microsoft Word is the best) and the latest version of Internet Explorer.
- Can I use a Mac?
- What if I do not pass the project requirement of the program?
You are allowed 3 revisions of your project, where you are provided feedback by a Master Black Belt. If you fail to pass after 3 revisions, there will be a fee of $300 to submit another revision.
- How can I get more information about this program?
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, please feel free to contact us via LIVE chat (click the button above). If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please feel free to send us a question using the “Contact Us” form to the right. You may also call us at 1-877-221-5151. We will answer your questions promptly.
- When can I start the program?
Our programs are all open enrollment. You can register and start the program as soon as you are ready.Please note: Once the program curriculum is accessed online or through submission of a material shipment confirmation, refunds cannot be issued.
- Does this program prepare for a certification?
Yes, you will be prepared for the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification and be able to sit for the exam after successful completion of the program and financial obligation.
For Content Questions
Visit the Ed2Go Website.